Public Service Commission
The Public Service Commission is inviting applications to fill the vacant posts of 1 x Director, Soil Conservation and Post-Harvest in the Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Fisheries, Water and Rural Resettlement as detailed below:
GRADE : F1
REPORTS TO : CHIEF DIRECTOR- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING, MECHANISATION AND SOIL CONSERVATION
DEPARTMENT : AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING, MECHANISATION AND SOIL CONSERVATION
STATION : HEAD OFFICE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Spearhead the formulation, evaluation, implementation and review of policies, regulations, procedures and strategies on Post-Harvest, Agro-Processing, soil and water conservation and ensure that they are in sync with the Ministry’s strategic plan and national development goals and aspirations.
- Coordinate the promotion of conservation agriculture and sustainable energy technologies in agriculture.
- Superintend over the protection of arable and non-arable land through pegging of soil and water conservation works (contours).
- Oversee the development/provision of relevant documentation and records of water and soil maps, geo-referencing, suitability and related pedagogical and hydrological issues in relation to agricultural mechanisation programmes.
- Coordinate the training of farmers and extension workers on appropriate Soil and Water Conservation, Post-Harvest and Agro-Processing technologies.
- Superintend over the conduct of research on appropriate Post-Harvest, Agro-Processing and soil and water conservation technologies.
- Ensure adherence to set national, regional and international policies and standards in the preservation and conservation of soils and water sources and infrastructure.
- Facilitate liaison with the Local Authorities, relevant Line Ministries/ Departments and other stakeholders in the implementation of Post-Harvest, Agro-Processing, soil and water conservation strategies and technologies.
- Represent the Department in National, Regional and International fora and Agreements/ Protocols on, Post-Harvest, Agro-Processing, soil and water conservation.
- Develop budgets and funding strategies for research and related programmes for Post-Harvest, Agro-Processing, soil and water conservation.
- Provide relevant technical input into the procurement of equipment, services and materials for Post-Harvest, Agro-Processing, soil and water conservation programmes
- Facilitate the maintenance of an integrated national soil and water conservation database and the production of reports on Post-Harvest and Agro-Processing in the country.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or equivalent
- A relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Certification and/or licensing with a relevant professional accrediting organization will be a distinct advantage.
- At least two (2) years relevant experience at Deputy Director or equivalent level in Post-Harvest, Agro-Processing, soil and water conservation management.
- An understanding of the relevant regulations and policies; to include National Water Policy, State Procurement Regulations, Local Authorities By-laws and National and Regional Environmental Regulations governing soils and water management.
- Sound knowledge of current National Development Programmes, Policies and Priorities.
- Willingness to travel widely within and outside the country
- Ability to communicate and network with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to employ information communication technology in the design, and monitoring of Post-Harvest, Agro-Processing, soil and water conservation programmes.
Candidates, [especially women], with relevant long-term experience at senior levels in the private sector or in the non-state enterprises domain within and outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 11 July 2021
Warning to applicants
The Public Service Commission does not request payment at ANY stage of the application, assessment, interviewing and placement process.
Should you doubt anything, Kindly contact the Commission on: [email protected]
PUBLIC NOTICE ON EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION PROCESS
Following the new restriction measures for containment of Covid 19 pandemic, the Public Service Commission advises prospective applicants seeking employment in the Public Service to apply online. This can be done by visiting the Public Service Commission (PSC) website, http://www.psc.gov.zw/ go to ‘human resources’ on the top banner and select ‘recruitment and appointments.’ This will lead you to the registration process; or CLICK HERE
With immediate effect the PSC will not be accepting walk-ins for the purpose of registration. Applicants are encouraged to use this platform.
For any other queries from serving civil servants, members should forward these through their Human Resources Departments in Line Ministries.